Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
Providing women and girls with equal access to education, health care, decent work, and representation in political and economic decision-making processes will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies and humanity at large.
We have facilitated a number of initiatives to empower and support women's development.
What has been achieved
- Three years of literacy classes for women in the area. With over 65 regular participants the programme is successful and continues into its 4th year with new women enrolling
- Women's health open days supported by registered nurses
- Support at women's garden by fencing the gardens, putting safe wells in place and providing seeds
- Women supported with a micro-loan scheme enabling small business opportunities
- Girls targeted for education
Training on how to preserve fruits and vegetables into jams and chutneys
More help required:
- Building a community kitchen will enable more women to receive training on how to preserve their crops into jams and chutneys
- Access to further education programmes